Dead Method release ‘Uncool’ single

![|300x300](upload://y2pSPYO9TdbkSHE03BUfEfrdsRp.jpeg "uncool-artwork")

Dead Method have just released their new single “Uncool” which is an uncompromising, uplifting, assertive delight.

You’d hope that at the very least in the 21st century young LGBT people would not have to grow up feeling like outsiders as previous generations had to endure. Sadly this isn’t the case and as Dead Method explain about their new track:

Writing Uncool was a cathartic experience for me. When I was growing up, and even sometimes in my adult life, I have been made to feel like an outsider, like I don’t belong. It’s a trauma that is hard to shake & I have spent my whole life searching for my tribe. This song was a way for me to acknowledge this trauma and also draw power from it. I asked Hvnter to be a part of the song because we share very similar experiences and we are very good friends. I was able to let go and have fun with it, which is a new concept for me.”

Despite what the music industry might like to believe homophobia still exists; not always blatant and explicit but have a cursory glance at social media posts and it won’t take long to find. There’s also a danger that LGBT bands and musicians face a double whammy as they often find resistance from both the mainstream music industry and their own LGBT community who are often unwilling to explore acts that go beyond what is accepted as ‘LGBT music’. There is little doubt that a non-LGBT indie band making music as good as this would be lauded left right and centre and be all over the ‘ones to watch’ and the likes of 6Music.

So leave your prejudice at the door; this ‘Uncool’ track is decidedly cool; uber cool.

Dead Method · Uncool (feat. Hvnter)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.newsoundwales.com/news/dead-method-release-uncool-single/